"The Slowest Burn" by Typokween
Posted by
Anonymous
Growing up is not an easy thing to do. Especially if
you want to stay true to yourself and those you love...
For the longest time, Bella tried to fit in with the
result of losing herself while doing so. Instead of voicing her opinion and
thoughts, the 17-year-old student keeps quiet and simply offers careful nods
and smiles. Afraid of screwing up and forfeiting her popularity Bella walks down
the path of least resistance, the path, she is supposed to go. Her best friend
and fellow cheerleader Rosalie Hale, is one of the few people who know the real
Isabella Swan.
Until he comes. Edward Cullen. One party is
enough to let Bella lose all her inhibitions. She gives into her desire and
spends her first time with Fork's most notorious high school student. A
troubled rebel with serious anger management issues, Edward a.k.a. Cullen rules
over the small town he grew up in. Together with his best buddies Jacob Black
and Royce King, he is involved in some serious drug pushing, preferably weed.
Cullen's personality is very complicated yet also immensely interesting: while
being crazily aggressive, stubborn, and full of pride, he is also incredibly
loyal to those he holds dear and feels a possessive love for Bella. According
to The Slowest Burn's author, Typokween, some of Cullen's main
character traits were even based on former real life acquaintances of hers: "I
base this Edward off some of my ex boyfriends, some of my friends ex
boyfriends, and some traits I like to see in a 'boy boy'. Notice how I say
'ex', which means he’s probably the kind of boy you want to stay away from!
Haha. As for the hoodie, I don’t know what to say other than the fact that
every bad boy I’ve ever encountered wore a black hoodie."
The
Slowest Burn is one of the most
read and most highly acclaimed ExB fanfictions out there. Almost every review
you can find on the net about TSB
praises the story for being so realistic, something that was and is of
utmost importance for Typokween while
writing: "A great story is written in a way that is realistic, even if the
situation is far from it. I love when it’s obvious the author has done their
homework on their stories to keep things as realistic as possible. I always ask
if something I write sounds too cliché, cuz I hate that. But I know it’s
inevitable, so I always try my best to put my own twist on my writing."
Part of her own twist is definitely to keep the reader waiting. In the
beginning, Bella outright ignores Edward and the feelings she harbors for him.
Instead of acting on her desires she tries to release some of the sexual
tension with Jasper, which, let's be honest, is not be easy for some of us
to read. But even after it becomes clear that Jasper is out of the picture, Typokween lets her readers almost
starve to death when it comes to some sexual actions. She only throws a bone
every once in a while but each time she does, it is unforgettable!
WORK IN PROGRESS
Chapter Covers

Additional Story Stills

Praises
Elena,
I don't really have the words to express how grateful I am to have met you! You entered my life with so much enthusiasm, energy, and ideas that I literally felt like I was blown away. You took over working on the layout and gave Ms. Swan's Bookstore the professional look it deserves! Without you, there wouldn't be a 'Wards and 'Ellas Wiki and our readers would have missed out on so many great stories!
I don't really have the words to express how grateful I am to have met you! You entered my life with so much enthusiasm, energy, and ideas that I literally felt like I was blown away. You took over working on the layout and gave Ms. Swan's Bookstore the professional look it deserves! Without you, there wouldn't be a 'Wards and 'Ellas Wiki and our readers would have missed out on so many great stories!
Sweetie, this is my way, our way, to say thank
you! Thank you for investing so much in MSB!
Thank you for always replying to messages, even if you are busy as hell! Thank
you for being patient enough to teach me some CSS skills and thank you for
being you! The Slowest Burn is one of
the most well-written fanfictions out there and deserves, no, needs to
be read! We hope that this little review will make those aware of you and your
talent who aren't yet!
We love you, sweetie!
Mandy, Cherie, and Caitlin
----------------------------------------
"He makes everything better. I feel like I'm
headed in the right direction, even though a small part of me is scared about
it. It's too good; it won't last. What if I fall in love with him?
Who am I kidding? I'm halfway there, if not on the cusp of it."
Who am I kidding? I'm halfway there, if not on the cusp of it."
(The Slowest
Burn, ch. 18)
Growing up is not an easy thing to do. Especially if
you want to stay true to yourself and those you love...
Bella Swan seems to have everything a 17-year-old
could want: she is a cheerleader at Forks High School, has a great social
status and tons of friends, and dates the town's golden boy Jasper Whitlock.
Reality, however, tells a different story: Bella's fellow cheerleaders make it
a habit of tantalizing her to no end, her social status is only supported by
her best friend Rosalie, the people she surrounds herself with don't care about
listening to her problems and last but not least Bella's subtle feelings for
Jasper are overshadowed by the intense pull she feels towards bad boy Edward
Cullen.
![]() |
| Bella and Rosalie in their cheerleader uniform |
![]() |
| from left to right: King, Black, and Cullen |
Even though Bella tries to stay away from Cullen, she
is simply unable to forget their amazing night together. Furthermore, Cullen's
possessive nature keeps her from distancing herself from him. He makes it
perfectly clear to her what he wants - her - and is not willing to go down
without a fight. From chapter to chapter the reader is able to detect Bella's
inner struggle. Deep inside, she knows that being with someone like Cullen
would ruin her reputation at Forks High forever, yet never seeing him again,
seems equally, if not even more, terrifying. What all of that results in is
UST, unresolved sexual tension. To make matters even worse for Bella, she also has
to deal with Rosalie's unexpected pregnancy and her long lost friendship with
Jacob Black...
![]() |
| Cullen and Bella |
So far, The Slowest Burn consists of 37 chapters and 317,822 words.
The story is rated MA for lemons, profanities, and angst. Outtakes from the story can be found here.
Extras
Playlist
1. Earth to Bella (Part I) - Incubus
2. Come Down - Bush
3. High For This - The Weeknd
4. Stars - The Xx
5. Bloodstream - Stateless
6. Center of Attention - Jackson Waters
7. A Heavy Abacus - The Joy Formidable
8. Rich Kid Blues - Lykke Li
9. Lonely Day - System of a Down
10. Forget That You’re Young - The Raveonettes
11. Coming Down - The Weeknd
12. Heart (Demo) - The Pretty Reckless
13. Heavy In Your Arms - Florence and the Machine
14. Know This, We’ve Noticed - An Horse
15. Down Boy - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
16. Love Sick (Once Again) - The Hundred In The Hands
17. Six Underground - Sneaker Pimps
18. Gold Gun Girls (Acoustic) - Metric
19. Dance On Our Graves - Paper Route
20. Earth to Bella (Part II) - Incubus
Bonus Tracks
21. Glory Box - Portishead
22. You - The Pretty Reckless
23. Devils - Say Hi
24. Save Me (Wake Up Call) - Unwritten Law
25. Planets - Adema
Chapter Covers
Additional Story Stills
Praises
"The Slowest Burn has taken me on a sweet journey back to high school,
filling my head with memories of good times and filling my heart with love for
all of these characters."
(PAWsPeaches)
---
"I love this Edward and Bella. I think this fic definitely has the
makings to be one of the great[est ones out there]. It's so unpredictable. I
can't wait to see where the author goes with this one."
(Marissa)
---
"This Edward is fu**ing sexy, and I definitely love me some
Possessivward."
(samrosie)
a



.jpg)

I seriously love this story! Lots of Love Elena!
ReplyDeleteCait
xxx
Typokween/Elena is such a talented writer! She is the reason I became a loyal reader of MSB! The site look beautiful & TSB is one of my favorite fics of ALL TIME! Thank you for doing this review for her, its truly amazing and really explains how perfect TSB is!
ReplyDeleteLove you Amy <3 Besties for life.
(And Cherie is also a reason I love this site- she's one of my girls and an amazing manip-er!!)
Hi guys! I just wanted to ask if this story is complete? If not, when will it start updating again? Sorry if it sounds intrusive or impatient! I just really want to read this story, but I made a vow not to start stories that are incomplete because I don't want cliffhangers.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys!
Zyvl, the story is still a work in progress and there is no telling when it'll be completed. However, it's definitely a story worth checking out!!!
ReplyDeleteDoes anybody here know when TypoKween is planning to update or even IF she plans to continue this story? Its been a year now and no updates. No responses to PM's through FF.net, No responses to tweets asking for information, and no information on her blog. Just wanted to know if anyone here knows since she is an admin. on this site? So many of us would love to see this story completed, but it's hard to have faith and still continue to care when it's been 12 months of no updates and no word on what the status is. Please, if anyone here knows anything share it with the class. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteShe is working on it and she plans on updating around August 1st. Please have patience - I promise it will be worth it :-)
DeleteHi! Could anyone tell me if typokween is planning to continue this story? Thanks :)
ReplyDelete