Contact Us:

Sunday, July 20, 2014

"Under Pressure" by JiffyKate

Posted by
(banner made by time_lights)

The year is 1984 in Chicago, Illinois. Bella Swan is a senior and Queen Bee of her high school. She's used to showing the world a front in order to keep her parents happy and her "friends" from turning on her. Things have a way of changing though. When a new student starts at her school, she meets delinquent Edward Masen and their attraction is tangible from the start but her social status in both the school and community keeps her from making a move. He's continuously making snide comments about her and she's throwing them right back at him. It's a never-ending game. Until they're stuck together in detention one dayplaying truth or dare with other classmatesthat they realize just how wrong they are about another. As time goes on, Bella begins to separate herself from her 'popular' friends and incorporate her new friends into her life.

Of course, the 'popular' crowd don't like her sudden change—especially Jessica, her childhood friend. Jessica goes out of her way to purposely make Bella and her new circle of friends miserable, but they refuse to let her tantrics get to them. As the group grows closer, so do Bella and Edward. What started as mutual hateful relationship between classmates turns into friendship, and slowly evolves into a romantic relationship. When they come out with their relationship, Bella's parents aren't happy about it but Renee is completely against it. But, with Charlie's help, they continue to be together. Knowing Edward came to Chicago with a troubled past, it comes as no surprise when he's told to return to Washington for his trial. Can they get through this time apart without others getting in the way of their relationship?

I'd previously read a different fanfiction by JiffyKate and, when I read the summary for Under Pressure, it drew me in. Once I started reading this fic, I literally couldn't stop until I was finished. It was a quick read for me and I enjoyed every moment. Under Pressure is a slow burn, mostly written in Bella's point of view, though there are some chapters from Edward's. As I mentioned above, Bella and Edward's relationship has a very shaky start before they put everything aside and give into their building feelings. I must admit, I love how genuine and strong this dynamic duo portrayed Bella to be. And Edward's even better—so strong and, as always, hot! Under Pressure is guaranteed to cause giggle fits and snorts and it's worth the read!

Under Pressure consists of 41 chapters and 105,450 words. It's rated M for foul language, mild sexual content, and underage drinking.


COMPLETE

If you know any other platforms this story has been published at, please let us know by either sending an email to swansbookstore@gmail.com or leaving a message in the comment section. Thank you!

0 comments: