Contact Us:

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"Never Said I Didn't" by purelyamuse

Posted by

"You got a ballpark for that?"
"Wrigley."
"Dammit."

Edward's having a bad day. His parents are separating and his girlfriend is as insensitive as she is clueless. The only person who could make his day better is his best friend and next-door neighbor, Bella Swan. She knows him backward and front and will know exactly what to say and do to help ease his worries. However, what he doesn't see coming is a surprise kiss initiated by he himself followed by an intense chemistry that throws Edward completely off whack. But one slip of the tongue from a flabbergasted Edward and Bella is slamming on the breaks.

Suddenly Bella is longer seen as his tomboy next-door neighbor/best friend with a killer curveball. Now everything about her he once overlooked and took for granted are shining through as amazing and desirable--and those knee high baseball socks she wears all the time are super hot! How did he not notice these things before? With his new revelation, Edward begins the task of winning Bella Swan's heart back. Because she sure as hell has his. And it really doesn't help that she's been hanging out with that Jake guy, and his older siblings keep giving him crazy advice, oh and his parents are still separating. What's a guy to do?

First of all, anything written by purelyamuse is unmistakably going to be pure gold. Never Said I Didn't is yet another 'homerun' for this author. Written entirely in EPOV, the reader gets into the mind of your typical teenage boy. But this one has a heart of gold--well, once he gets his head out of his ass. Character development is definitely accomplished in this "June witfit prompts" inspired tale. I loved reading Edward's hilarious thoughts and Bella's sassy attitude. These two really are made for each other and they are so freaking adorable! Oh, and bonus points to purelyamuse for having a side plotline with Edward's parents. I felt it was a wonderful contrast to Edward's pursuit of Bella.

Never Said I Didn't consists of 23 chapters and 72,786 words. This fic is rated M for language and adult content.

COMPLETE


2 comments:

  1. I loved this story!!! I read it a week ago. EPOV's and this type of Bella are my favs!! A must read, no doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking about this. Seriously. I'm in awe of this banner and your sweet words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete